Packaging Guidelines for International Courier Services
International shipping can be expensive and occasionally frustrating. This blog article will provide you with basic international packaging guidelines for international courier services to ensure your shipment arrives intact and on time.
There are a few things to keep in mind when sending packages internationally via courier. First, be sure to check with the international courier service about any size or weight restrictions. Second, be aware of any customs regulations in the country you’re sending the package to avoid having your package held up at customs!
What are the Guidelines for Packaging?
When you are sending a package internationally, follow these guidelines in order to ensure that your package arrives safely and on time:
- Choose a sturdy box or envelope that is slightly larger than the item you are sending. This will help to protect the item during transit.
- Wrap the item in bubble wrap or padding to prevent it from shifting around inside the box.
- Include a copy of the invoice or order form inside the package so that the recipient knows what is inside.
- Make sure to clearly label the package with the correct address and postage. It is also a good idea to include a return address in case the package is lost in transit.
How to Package Goods for International Courier Services
When you are sending goods internationally via courier, it is important to make sure that they are properly packaged. Here are some packaging guidelines to follow for international courier services:
- Use a strong cardboard box that is specifically designed for shipping.
- Wrap all items individually in bubble wrap or tissue paper.
- Fill any empty spaces in the box with packing peanuts or crumpled paper.
- Seal the box with heavy-duty tape, making sure that all seams are securely sealed.
- Address the package clearly and legibly, including all necessary contact information.
- Include a detailed list of contents inside the package.
- If possible, insure the package for its full value.
Also Check: 7 Best Tips on Choosing An International Courier Service
There are a few items that cannot be shipped internationally some are prohibited due to various reasons.
Here is a list of some of those items
- Infectious substances
- Oxidizing agents
- Toxic substances
When it comes to shipping internationally, there are a few extra steps you need to take to make sure your package arrives safely and on time. By following these packaging guidelines, you can rest assured that your shipment will meet all the requirements of the online courier service and arrive at its destination in one piece. So whether you’re sending a gift to a loved one overseas or shipping an important business document, be sure to follow these packaging tips for a stress-free experience.
DTDC is an innovative courier service with a rich history in the area of imports and exports, Operating in over 10 000 locations, DTDC has pushed the boundaries of logistics to the max. We make sure that we always get your goods to the required destination at extremely competitive prices. DTDC has been a client favourite since 1990 and has since grown into a fierce competitor in the logistics world. With our exceptionally talented team, advanced systems and immersive tracking options, we set the standard for AAA international and domestic courier services.